Vanilla Sable Cookie Recipe
- 125g Icing Sugar
- ½ Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 Medium Egg Yolk
- 250g Salted Butter, diced
- 375g Plain Flour, sifted
- Put the Icing Sugar, butter, egg yolk and Vanilla Essence in a bowl and mix together quickly with a wooden spoon.
- Add the sifted Flour and working as fast as possible, stir to make a firm dough.
- When it is all mixed form into a ball or slab and wrap. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour (time to clear up, have a coffee and put the oven on).
- This dough can be kept for up to a week in a fridge, ready to use and can be frozen.
- Roll out on to a well floured surface to a depth of no less than 4mm. Cut out with your Cookie Cutter. Place on a lightly greased baking tray apart.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 C (400F) gas 6 for around 13 minutes until golden.
- Leave to cool on a cooling rack and decorate as desired.