Royal Icing Recipe
- 15ml (1 tbsp) Dried egg albumen
- 75ml (5 tbsp) tepid water
- 500g (1lb/31/2 cups) sieved icing sugar
- Into a clean bowl place the egg albumen, stir in gradually the water and blend together well until it is a nice smooth consistency.
- Add about a 100g of the icing sugar and mix thoroughly, keep adding small quantities of icing sugar and mixing well until you achieve the desired consistency.
- Now mix the icing using an electric whisk on slow for about 6-8 minutes or until the finished icing peaks and is smooth, light and glossy.
- Seal well and allow the mixture to settle ensuring that you thoroughly stir the icing to disperse any air bubbles prior to using.
- TIP: If you prefer your Royal Icing not to dry too hard you can add a teaspoon of glycerine.
- To save you the time and effort we do stock a great range of ready mixed Icings.
- To see these products please click here -> Icings