What are Cookies?
The Cakes Cookies and Crafts Shop website (www.cakescookiesandcraftsshop.co.uk) places cookies, which are small data files, on your computer or handheld device. This is standard practice for all websites.
Cookies are essential for helping us deliver a high quality website and online shopping experience for our customers, and some collect information about browsing and buying behaviour.
By using and browsing the Cakes Cookies and Crafts Shop website, you consent to cookies being used in accordance with our policy. If you do not consent, you must disable cookies or refrain from using the site.
Some cookies collect information about browsing and purchasing behaviour by people who access this website via the same computer or device. This includes information about pages viewed, products purchased and the customer journey around a website.
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are:-
1. For technical purposes essential to effective operation of website, particularly in relation to on-line transactions.
2. To enable Cakes Cookies and Crafts Shop to collect information about the browsing and shopping habits and activities of customers, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
3. To enable the integration of social media through the use of the “Add This” button, further details can be found here: http://support.addthis.com/customer/portal/questions/339381--atuvc-and-the-eu-cookie-law-
Which Cookies do we use?
– stores the visitors session ID, allowing the shopping cart functionality to work
_atuvc – this is from the “Add This” social media button
_utma – Google Analyitcs
_utmb – Google Analyitcs
_utmc – Google Analyitcs
_utmz – Google Analyitcs
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How to do this will depend on the browser you use and we provide further detail below on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers:-
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
2 Click on the “privacy” tab
3 Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Mozilla firefox:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
2 Click on the icon “privacy”
3 Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
1. Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the site may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable 3rd party cookies you will not be prevented from making purchases on this site. If you disable all cookies you will be unable to complete a purchase on this site.